FAB ACADEMY 2015 IS UNDERWAY!!!
"HOW TO MAKE ALMOST ANYTHING"
The Fab Academy is a Digital Fabrication Program directed by Neil Gershenfeld of MIT’s Center For Bits and Atoms and based on MIT’s rapid prototyping course, MAS 863: How to Make (Almost) Anything. The Fab Academy began as an outreach project from the CBA, and has since spread to Fab Labs around the world. The program provides advanced digital fabrication instruction for students through an unique, hands-on curriculum and access to technological tools and resources.
FAB ACADEMY 2015 from Fab Lab Frosinone on Vimeo.
HOW TO APPLY
Application process for Fab Academy:
- Fill the online application form here and refer FabLab EDP (Lisbon) node.
- One of our tutors will contact you to have a personal interview (in-person or via skype)
Fab Academy Coordination will contact you to let you know the results of the process.
For further information related to applications please consult: http://www.fabacademy.org/application-form/
1. digital fabrication principles and practices – 1 week
2. computer-aided design, manufacturing, and modeling – 1 week
3. computer-controlled cutting – 1 week
4. electronics design and production – 2 weeks
5. computer-controlled machining – 1 week
6. embedded programming – 1 week
7. 3D molding and casting – 1 week
8. collaborative technical development and project management – 1 week
9. 3D scanning and printing – 1 week
10. sensors, actuators, and displays – 2 weeks
11. interface and application programming – 1 week
12. embedded networking and communications – 1 week
13. machine design – 2 weeks
14. digital fabrication applications and implications – 1 week
15. invention, intellectual property, and business models – 1 week
16. digital fabrication project development – 2 weeks
FABLAB EDP STUDENTS PAGES
Having a distributed version control system allows students to keep track of their work and their partners, and to hold complete control on the production of content. Each Fab Academy student builds its own website and keeps it synchronised with the Fab Academy main archive.
So if you want to see past year students works follow the link Lisbon node students pages